200g / 7 oz orecchiette pasta (or 160g/6 oz of other pasta)
300 – 350g / 10 – 12 oz Swiss Brown Mushrooms, or other mushrooms of choice
2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, separated
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ onion, finely chopped
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or ¼ cup store bought grated)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook pasta per packet instructions minus 1 minute. RESERVE 1 mugful of pasta cooking liquid, then drain pasta.
2. Meanwhile, slice mushrooms into 4mm / ⅙” thick slices.
3. Melt 1 1/2 tbsp of butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add garlic and onions. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Turn heat up to high. Add mushrooms and cook until water has leeched then evaporated, and the mushrooms start to turn golden – around 5 minutes.
6. Add remaining 1 tbsp butter. Stir until melted.
7. Turn heat down to medium high. Add pasta, about ¾ cup of reserved pasta water and parmesan. Toss gently or until water reduces and thickens into a saucy glaze that coats the pasta. If the pasta dries out, add more pasta water. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Remove from stove and serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
Spicy Thai Chicken Stir Fry INGREDIENTS Sauce: 2 tsp light soy sauce * 1 tsp dark soy sauce * 2 tsp fish sauce 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce 1 tsp sugar Stir Fry: 2 tbsp cooking oil (I usepeanut or vegetable oil) 3 Thai or birds eye chillis or other small hot red chilli, finely chopped...
CREAMY VANILLA OATS with almond butter and blueberries Recipe: Ingredients 100g quick-cooking oats 500 ml almond milk 2 tbsp chia seeds 2-3 tbsp sweetener (I use maple), more if needed 1 tsp vanilla essence pinch of salt 2 tbsp almond butter handful of fresh blueberries 1 tbsp almond, roughly chopped 2 slabs of dark chocolate,...