Hawaiian Chicken Salad
PS That chicken marinade is EVERYTHING!
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup pineapple juice (from can, save pineapple)
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
Zest of 1 lime
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp onion powder, cumin, paprika, ginger powder, salt
Chicken & Salad:
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 large chicken breast, haled horizontally
1/2 cup corn
1 cup cooked white rice
4 cups chopped lettuce
1/2 avocado, cut into wedges
1/2 red onion, finely sliced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Dressing: 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice, 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro, 1/2 garlic minced, salt & pepper
1. Mix together Marinade ingredients, marinate chicken for 3 hours or overnight.
2. Shake Dressing ingredients together, set aside for at least 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a non stick skillet over high heat (or BBQ). Add chicken and cook each side for 3 minutes or until golden. Remove and cover loosely with oil.
4. Sear 1/2 cup pineapple pieces and corn in the skillet until golden.
5. Pile salad ingredients on a platter and top with sliced chicken. Drizzle over Dressing.